Question

Cabesmojo

Why did my home insurance score drop 170 points?
My score has been on a slow rise for as long as I have been tracking it, but recently in March it just plummeted from 853 to 684. I've owned this house for 5 years and never made a claim, all my other credit score are on a rise after small dips from a recent credit purchase that put one card at high limit and after adding an auto loan. A drop from on the high end of good to very poor just seems so left field.

Most Helpful Response

Reason I received

Earlier this month I received a quote from another insurer for my house insurance

var fctb_tool=null;
function FCTB_Init_ad8349dd06984702913616bd9bac4e87(t)
{
fctb_tool=t;
start(fctb_tool);
}
FCTB_Init_ad8349dd06984702913616bd9bac4e87(document['FCTB_Init_97d2fd81951447449b54ed21a2c1aa3c']); delete document['FCTB_Init_97d2fd81951447449b54ed21a2c1aa3c']
.  It was more than double my current premium!  Having had no claims on my house insurance I was shocked, so I asked.  I learned that my insurance credit rating is affected by the number of claims of people in my area.  (This is the fourth year in a row that there has been severe hail damage to roofs.)  It's based on how likely it is that I might file a claim...Lovely, isn't it?

same here

My score dropped yet the insurance company says my standing with them is excellent.There have been no severe claims in my area so they are confused as I am as to why it dropped.I pay everything on time, never been late...no claims ever..so they would like to know why as well

same here?

Looking for the same answer for me... 

Same here!

Mine dropped 70 points in May also.  I have made no claims, pay everything on time. So what gives?

Mine dropped 68 points in March

I believe March may be the same month I received a quote from another company, and signed up with them,effective May.