Question

cherokee0815

Why did my credit score drop when I was put on an account as an authorized user?
When I was added ONLY as an authorized user (no ss# given), and I am NOT responsible for the card, my credit score dropped 6 points. Why? and will it help to have me removed as an authorized user?

Remove yourself as a user

and you will probably see another bigger drop in your score. 

Anytime something changes on your report your score will change.  They basicly want to see how you handle the new credit.  

6 points is nothing comparitively.  I opened a new Amex card and my score dropped 75 points.  After a couple of payments my score was back up where it usually is.  Thats just the way it works.  Even if you are not responsible for paying the debt, Its all about how well you manage your credit.