Question

Hummingbird143

Why are balances on accounts different from what creditors say I owe?
You give me one balance, creditor says it's way more. Are your balances actual balances or less interest?

The amounts reported come from your creditor. The variable would be when your creditor updates to the bureaus and how often the balances are updated. Do you have a specific example?

Hummingbird143

The credit report says I owe roughly 4600.00 on a bill.  The credit bureau is telling me it's a bit over 14,000.00 and is trying to tell me it's because the credit report sites don't report interest.  How can that be.  A balance is a balance.