Question

bobsys

Who is CBNA? They did a hard a pull for both of us
Whi is CBNA? They did a hard pull on 4/16/2014. Creditkarma says
1. CBNA - National Credit Cards/Airlines

I ordered my Transunion report, called them and they gave me the address - P.O. Box 6000 Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57117 which is Citibank South Dakota NA.
The same hard pull shows up on my wifes credit report.

We both have a secured card since 2012 from Citi but that's it. Did not applied for a new one. What we did is applied for an AMEX Blue Cash Preferred over the weekend but I don't think this pull is Amex related (?)

Also called Citi and of course the can't tell me anything.

Any advise?

CBNA credit pull

I have no idea who or what this is ???? How do I make it go away or who do I need to contact to clear this up???

Credit Limit Increase

Stupid freakin Citi stated they would not pull your credit report when requesting a ICL, but they did. Every single freakin time. Discover and AMEX actually honors their word of not hitting you with an inquiry.

Jesse148

I don't have a Citi account. I did some checking and on April 16, 2016 they did a hard pull on me as well. I have not applied for any new card or anything in over a year and I have no idea why I have these idiots on my credit report. I guess I'm gonna have to get p!ssy with them and get it removed on Monday. It'll give me something to do on the 2 hour drive to my boyfriends to go fishing for the day. I hate I4 and I75. :)

Citi credit card fraud

A rep from citi credit card called and said someone was attempting to open a new credit card with my soc, sec, number but a different state than on their records , they said they would connect me to the fraud dept, they wanted me to give them my info , I said whoa you have my info , I said read me my info and I,ll confirm it they said no that's not how we do it I hung up,

Cbna on my report.

Cbna on my report. I didnt apply for anything. I'm trying to increase my score and the inquirys are killing me and then these A holes do this. I'm going to try what cobra2016 posted. 

jean61

If You Have A Continued Problem With CBNA ie ... Citi Contact Your Sate Attorney's Office or The BBB (Better Business Bureau) .

CBNA credit pull

This is Citibank of North America.  They also issue credit cards under other names.  Sears cards are CBNA.  If you opened an account at Sears, you will get a CBNA pull.  Many, many other so-called "store cards" are merely branded Citibank cards.

CBNA is the largest credit card issuer in the world.

bobsys

I did not open any card or anything exept an Amex Blue Cash in the past 6-8months

bobsys

Here is an update because these Citi Bank guys are idiots

When I saw the pull I called them The first time the rep said they have no idea who is CBNA and they have no affiliation with it.

Second time after get my Transunion report with the address called them back. 2nd rep, yeah well Citi is doing soft pull reguraly so no worries. I told her it's a hard pull. Her reply was to go back to Transunion and dispute since they don't do that.

Here is what ****ed me off. I told her I have a secured credit card and as far as I rememeber when opened the guy told me it's going to be a secure for 18 months and then it's a regular card so maybe that's Citi pulled my report but she told me no it's a secure card. I asked her this " So it's going to be a secure card forever and will not be converted to a regular one?" Her reply was yes, that's correct.

Guess what! Citi sent a letter saying my secure card was converted to a regular credit card and they will send a check with my original deposit + interest.

Jesse148

But my Sears account has been closed for over a year when they did a CBNA pull. Why would they do an inquiry a year AFTER the account was closed and had a zero balance???

tesslynn84

citibank will not close your account when you tell them to

Vladimir s

how  you remove from your credit history hard credit pull ?

Cobra2016

Easiest way to remove hard credit pulls is to establish an account with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).  They have various disputes you submit, including disputing information on your credit file.

Just open account, it's free, submit complaint stating you did not authorize inquiry or that you suspect attempted ID theft.

CFPB will send report to credit bureau you identified and 99.9% of the time they remove it without further question.

I dont deal the the Credit Bureuas at all anymore and do everything thru the CFPB as the CRA's are going to listen to them over you just sending a letter.

Has worked for everything i have submitted so far.

WillRailroad

Cobra 2016 is incorrect, when he/she advised "Easiest way to remove hard credit pulls is to establish an account with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau." Again, that is totally incorrect.

With first hand, recent (2017) experience with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau you CANNOT file a claim unless you have been a victim of identity theft. When told that by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) I replied, "So let me recap this so that I can make sure I'm clear on this, that I completely understand this. You're telling me that someone must actually, physically open a credit account under my name, using my personal data before I can file a complaint?" CFPB: "That is correct, they must open (aforementioned)..."

Me: "So, again, I want to be perfectly clear on this. I have to wait for something severe to happen before a report can actually be filed. Although someone has stolen my personal identity, I have documented proof that 'someone' applied for a credit card under my name, using my personal data, from the FTC's view that isn't considered identity theft" CFPB: "That's correct, it's not identity theft until they open an account under your name."

Me: "That's absolutely absurd, ridiculous, backwards and utterly stupid. That's putting the cart before the horse."

There was more to that conversation with numerous interrogative, probing questions from us but the foregoing is a sampling of how useless that agency is. We asked such things as what are our options then, if we have to wait until something ruinous, severe and drastic happens as well as other questions. That's like a cop watching someone standing behind you with their hands on your back, getting ready to push you in from of an oncoming train and the cop saying, "Sorry, we can't do anything. It's not murder until they push you in front of that train."

CBNA

CBNA is Credit Bureau of North America! Don't get them confused with CitiBank

MG0001

CBNA is used by BOTH Credit Bureau of North America and Citibank of North America.

Bill

I received three (3) negatives on my credit report, one which has been removed, and the other two because at a Sears store they were looking to either use my credit card or my wife's.  These will lapse over this summer and shall disappear.  Relax and enjoy it while Sears is still a company, understand they are near bankruptcy?

CB is Chase Bank or Citi Bank

I have seen others mention that CB stands for Citibank, but I checked when I opened my last chase account and it was the same day as the pull by CBNA. check to see if you've opened anything with either bank, otherwise pursue the CFPB complaint path mentioned by others.