Question

JohnalwaysOses

when they update ur score do they go by the balance that day or the month
My screen say 7 days till the next update to my credit report now at the moment my credit bill was due and I only paid half of it but the next day (after the due date) I paid the rest. Will my report show the balance as 0 or will it show the balance as of last pay period

Your score will be based on the balance reported on the last reporting date of the credit card.  Your credit company usually only reports once per month.  If your bill arrived, that was the amount which was reported a day or two earlier.  Say your reporting date is the 5th and your credit card statement is issued on the 7th.  The balance on the 5th is the amount that will be reported and would be used to calculate your credit score. The fact that you paid 50% on the due date would mean the full balance was reported.   Look in the account details of your credit card and locate the reporting date.   No matter what due date your credit statement shows, you want to pay it a day or two before that reporting date. Don't worry about the spike in your utilization, yes, you score will drop if its high, although, next month, it'll drop back down based on your payment and lower balance.

JohnalwaysOses

Worried me because I am at the moment applying to credit card companies and I'm sure a balance will show up during this time so wanted to know if I got it in time. 

guess not though