Question

INC4EVER

When does an incorrect hard inquiry go away from my credit report?
I paid CASH for an $89,000 2015 CLS 4 MATIC on May 19, 2015. However, Silver Star AG LTD of Thousand Oaks had thought I was going to apply for an auto loan so they ran a hard inquiry on my credit rating. That hard inquiry needs to go away from my credit report because I paid CASH for my car purchase in 2015.

I think it takes the same as any other - 2 years. 

That said, I think you can dispute it like any other entry... at least it wouldn't hurt to try.

Hard Inquires will drop off your Credit Report after 2 years from the date of the inquire.   

Why have you waited 8 months to  question the Hard Inquire?    

If the Dealership has your signature allowing them to check your credit then there is nothing you can do.  Does not matter that you paid Cash all that matters is if they have your signature giving them right to run a credit check.

All goes back to People need to read the paper work they sign and ask questions. 

99% of the folks will just sign were told and not read a thing.   Take the time to read and understand what you are signing.