Question

cormay01

what does it mean when it displays you can go to the next level for credit score
I'm currently at 650 and there was a message saying if i lower my credit card amount i can go to the next level. by how many points will my credit score go up by?

Most Helpful Response

Moving On Up

I just recently received the same message and intend to "move on up" to the next level.  I think it's great that you are getting ready to move up to the next Scoring Level, it's a step in the right direction.  :)

Every year, I'm one of those strange people who decides to have a New Year's Resolution (or 5); and this year, one of my resolutions was to Improve My Credit Score.  So, I've steadily been working on it since the New Year.  Thus far, I'm doing pretty well and I will say that January through April was not my very best effort, but all in all, I've raised my score about 30+ points in about seven months simply by paying off credit cards.  The thing that is hurting me the most is "Open Accounts" (only 5 accounts) and overall credit utilization.  However, I've decided to raise my score a little higher before I begin applying for other cards just yet. 

I'm trying to figure out if I want to raise limits on existing card and THEN, apply for another or do it the other way around.  In any case, I'm going to start "moving on up" to the next level because I've received the same message. 

For your infomation:

My Actual FICO Scores: 

Experian, 697

TransUnion, 709

Equifax, 701

My CK Scores:

TransUnion, 695

EquiFax, 686

**Been at the same company for 11 years, Yearly Income: $73K, oldest open account - 16 years ago.

NEXT GOAL: Want to apply for a new card when my TRUE FICO SCORE hits the 725 average (maybe another 4 months?); I'm looking at getting an AmEx next, always wanted one of those

As you lower the amount of credit you are using, your score will increase a few points at a time. I've gone from 620 to 675 in about five months just by lowering the amount of credit I'm utilizing.

Score is 670

Do u think i will get approved for the credit card that I just applied for. I haven't had one in a while and about 6 years ago i had my firat tqo n I was never late on a payment & did everything I was supposed to because my dad Bruce was helping me build my credit ? I'm 30 now n I'm so anxious I can't wait to start my new credit card with my fiance & 2 kids. Any advice would be helpful thank you