Question

kimhornback

what does it mean when i have an open account in collection

Most Helpful Response

Open Account on my Credit Report

I have an open account from a student loan that has been placed with a collection agency, but I have been making monthy payments for the last 9 months. Should that account have an be still with open status?

Could this refer to school loans?

what it means is that there was some kind of bill that was not paid for and now they are putting you in collections to collect the debit you owe makes your credit look bad but very fixable find out what bill it is and to who and set up some pay off or plan agreement

I  am having the same issue, I just checked my credit and noticed a significant drop saying that one of my accounts are in collection but i have paid all my bills on time and im unable to see which account it is. Please help and thank you for the help.