Question

mlc333

what does a remark on your credit report that staes disputed by consumer meets FCRA requirements

What does this mean?

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Most Helpful Response

Basically it means the charge has been verified as being legitimate. It meets Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements which are federal regulations.

Yngkrazie

I see these same remarks on a dispute I made but the account is still showing on my credit report? Will they remove it from my report or do I need to call to ask to have it removed?

Iwoniwon56

Can you explain it in a  more in depth of the definition. Because I still don't understand when it states that on the remarks.

thank you

Paying old bills helps?

does paying off old debt help any or not? 

FCRA

I recently was prescreened by Capital One and they did a hard pull. I contacted transunion and they said as long as the creditor agrees and provides some type of statement explaining they made a mistake then they would remove it without asking questions. I check my credit score now and the cap one has this remark "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" whats that mean? Does that mean that their inquiry was legitimate?

fcra

crazy, equifax deleted same account transunion wont, why?   i was not even in the state this unknown bill came from..the information was also different..im one to pay my bills, but this has me so puzzled as to where it ever came from???

juanoyola31

that means someone you know or unknow open the account is id theft

Not My BILL

I keep getting charged for a power bill in a state i have NEVER resided in! I keep disputing. The credit collectors are relentless and you can never understand them,  but I am not paying a bill I didnt create! How can I resolve this? 

Debby27

Put an fraud alert on your credit. You can dispute it as a fraudulent account . Submit proof that you do not live there.

Fcra

I wonder what this means also

So unfair

I was kicked out of my apartment a week before Christmas, They said the housing was for low income families. Keep in mind i was a single mother with a 3 year old and they included the child support i did not receive with my gross income which made me overqualified to live in these apartments. When they gave me my two week notice they said i still had to pay last month rent. I was upset and did not understand why if i wouldnt be there. I didnt pay, in fact i file small claim with the court. To make a long story short, I paid the balance 3 months after leaving and now it is on my credit report. Can i get this remove?

juanoyola31

if you aready paid what it was ask of you. and if you have documents from court that you where not at fault call  your trans, equifax, and experian to get it removed. if they bring it back again. my advices to you is to contact an attorney or creditor repair specialist to help you disputed. use the dispute as creditor agree to remove or you not longer liable.

Comcast dispute

This is happening to me right now and it was included in my bankruptcy. Comcast as well. Weird as all my others were removed no problem. I think it may just be the way we are disputing it.. It doesn't ask for much information on the Credit Karma site and if we dispute it thoroughly it may help. If not I guess my lawyer will have to get involved.

Why pay the bill?

I have paid off a utility bill over 4.5 yrs. ago, so why want it come off my credit report?

mzrudeass

I had the same problem. I paid of my gas bill and it remained on my credit for 3 yrs, until i called the gas company and pressured them to remove it. They verified the account was paid and i verified to them by faxing over proof that they were still reporting it as unpaid to the credit agency. They gave me the number to their credit reporting department, which also verified my account was paid. At which point tgey submitted a request to have the accoubt removed from collections. It was removed 7 days later and boosted my score. Enter Your Reply

juanoyola31

you can enter a dispute with remark account paid in full the creditor will verified or you can go directly to the sources and ask them to remove and to send letter to all credit trans, equifax, expirian. is a long couple of hours to do but is worth it.is easier to do with medical bills but for other you may have to get a supervisor to resolve the issuse since most customer services people lack the skill of listening. but eather than that it will get remove so be patient because you may needed.