Question

mlc333

what does a remark on your credit report that staes disputed by consumer meets FCRA requirements

Most Helpful Response

transunion dispute

so i was online one day and i saw someone post about how they disputed things on their credit that were in collections/ charge off WITHOUT paying them. i tried to do the same thing and now one of the account says Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements   

what does this mean? transunion says that 2 of 3 investigations are done, estimated investigation end date is 3/23/17 and my credit score rose about 15 points for transunion and 33 for equifax

i have no idea what is going on . do i still have to pay these bills?

Basically it means the charge has been verified as being legitimate. It meets Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements which are federal regulations.

Yngkrazie

I see these same remarks on a dispute I made but the account is still showing on my credit report? Will they remove it from my report or do I need to call to ask to have it removed?

Iwoniwon56

Can you explain it in a  more in depth of the definition. Because I still don't understand when it states that on the remarks.

thank you

What does this mean?

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Paying old bills helps?

does paying off old debt help any or not? 

FCRA

I recently was prescreened by Capital One and they did a hard pull. I contacted transunion and they said as long as the creditor agrees and provides some type of statement explaining they made a mistake then they would remove it without asking questions. I check my credit score now and the cap one has this remark "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" whats that mean? Does that mean that their inquiry was legitimate?

Account information disputed by consumer

What does this mean please help me

Collection/charge offs

I read that if the original creditor did a C/O and then sold to collection agency you could dispute because the original creditor wrote it off on federal taxes. And all you had to do is dispute and put a n comments Contract Cancelled /No Contract.... I did this and now transnion in the remarks say meets requirements fora what does this mean and should I continue to dispute?????  

Not My BILL

I keep getting charged for a power bill in a state i have NEVER resided in! I keep disputing. The credit collectors are relentless and you can never understand them,  but I am not paying a bill I didnt create! How can I resolve this? 

Debby27

Put an fraud alert on your credit. You can dispute it as a fraudulent account . Submit proof that you do not live there.

So unfair

I was kicked out of my apartment a week before Christmas, They said the housing was for low income families. Keep in mind i was a single mother with a 3 year old and they included the child support i did not receive with my gross income which made me overqualified to live in these apartments. When they gave me my two week notice they said i still had to pay last month rent. I was upset and did not understand why if i wouldnt be there. I didnt pay, in fact i file small claim with the court. To make a long story short, I paid the balance 3 months after leaving and now it is on my credit report. Can i get this remove?

juanoyola31

if you aready paid what it was ask of you. and if you have documents from court that you where not at fault call  your trans, equifax, and experian to get it removed. if they bring it back again. my advices to you is to contact an attorney or creditor repair specialist to help you disputed. use the dispute as creditor agree to remove or you not longer liable.

Theifloansinc

Enter Yothey needed a court order to have you removed. But since you left you screwed up.

Why pay the bill?

I have paid off a utility bill over 4.5 yrs. ago, so why want it come off my credit report?

mzrudeass

I had the same problem. I paid of my gas bill and it remained on my credit for 3 yrs, until i called the gas company and pressured them to remove it. They verified the account was paid and i verified to them by faxing over proof that they were still reporting it as unpaid to the credit agency. They gave me the number to their credit reporting department, which also verified my account was paid. At which point tgey submitted a request to have the accoubt removed from collections. It was removed 7 days later and boosted my score. Enter Your Reply

juanoyola31

you can enter a dispute with remark account paid in full the creditor will verified or you can go directly to the sources and ask them to remove and to send letter to all credit trans, equifax, expirian. is a long couple of hours to do but is worth it.is easier to do with medical bills but for other you may have to get a supervisor to resolve the issuse since most customer services people lack the skill of listening. but eather than that it will get remove so be patient because you may needed.