Question

almenia1

What can I do to remove 3 companies from my credit report someone else put these bills in my name.
Someone that I put the apartment that she was living in my name, so that's have she got my social security number and open up 3 accounts and placed in my name. The companies will not go after her they are coming after me, and leaving those bills on my credit report, lateness and everything else.

Most Helpful Response

You'll have to file a fraud report with all three bureaus.  Visit their websites and fill out whatever forms they provide.  However, do NOT dispute these accounts online, dispute them in writing (you give up valuable rights when disputing online).  Send letters to all three bureaus with the fraud report(s) that you complete online.  Also, if you are worried about new charges, you can also freeze your credit while you are online with the bureaus.  When you credit is frozen nobody can open new accounts without the special PIN number(s) that the bureaus will give you when you do a freeze.  When you want to apply for credit, you "thaw" your account for 30 days by going online and using your PIN numbers.  I did this years ago and it's great peace of mind.