Question

Jennayferr24

What can I do to increase my score from here?
I started by opening a Secured Capital One card in November 2014 (almost a year ago).. I have a total of $600 CL with that card bc I've paid additional deposit to get it higher (that was stupid.) My credit score was 570ish at the time.

I then opened a Quicksilver Card about 4 months ago after receiving an offer from them ($1,500 CL currently).

Since then I settled and had deleted 4 collections from my report and my score increased to 650.

I then opened a Barclay Card with a $1,000 CL (2 months ago).

Last month, I had the FINAL collections item deleted from my credit report, and my score is now 670.

I am tempted to open a PRIME credit account w/ Discover since I am responsibly using and paying off in full every month on every account. I keep receiving mailers from them so I would love to join the club!

Please give me your advice. I currently have the 670 score, and recently was approved for an auto loan at 2.65% with my credit union.

Thanks in advance guys! Without you I wouldn't be where I am today credit-wise.

Congratulations on your successful rebuild. Your post should be encouraging to others that are looking to rebuild credit. With some work and some time, goals can be achieved. I would say that if you want to apply for Discover, then go for it, but make sure your auto loan is finalized first. Also be aware that the mailers from Discover are not approvals but only invitations to apply.

Jennayferr24

Thank you very much- I am hoping to inspire others. Although I'm still far from perfect, I remember the begining stage of taking all this on.. and feeling hopeless. It's not hopeless!! 

One thing about the Barclay Card- they don't report the total credit line, just the high balance- annoying!

I may open Discover.. still debating. My concern is that I've had all of these cards opened within the past year. I can't get Cap1 to PC either of my cards to a better card w/ them.. even though I'm pre-qualified for the Venture. I'm thinking a Prime card that reports and does CLI's like Discover will be good to have. 

I'll wait to see what other responses/suggestions I get. Thanks for your time :)