Question

mslynx

unknown collections
What can I do if I don't know who turned me over to collections for amounts I didn't know I owed anyone?

Most Helpful Response

Check your full credit reports from each credit bureau for free once a year at annualcreditreport.com. If you already obtained your free reports for the year, then you will have to pay for them. Your reports should contain the name of the collection agency, account information, balances owed and contact information which you can contact them with. If those collections don't belong to you, then you can also file a dispute.