Question

JDWERF

Transunion score different from CreditKarma score?
I was under the impression that Credit Karma publishes the official TransUnion credit score. When I applied for a refinance the broker pulled my credit report from TransUnion and got a very different score. Credit Karma shows 734, broker TransUnion report shows 809. The scores were pulled on the same day. I had used the Credit Karma score in initial discussions with brokers and may have qualified for a lower rate if I new the higher score.

Most Helpful Response

This is what I've noticed.

I have 2 credit cards (from different banks) that both provide me with monthly TransUnion credit scores.  One bank shows the score on or about the 7th of the month, the other on or about the 20th of the month.  For the last 3 months, both scores have been consistent 710, 711, and 712.  CreditKarma's TransUnion scores have all been in the 600s (the highest, 664).

When CreditKarma first started, some people joked that their credit scores were FAKO scores (ie., fake).  But when they aligned with TransUnion, I felt there was some hope.  But considering how VAST the difference is between CreditKarma's TransUnion score and the TransUnion scores from 2 other banks, I'm wondering if they've gone back to FAKO scores.

P.S.  FWIW, another bank gives me monthly access to Equifax credit scores ... which are slightly above the TransUnion scores given me by the two banks (719 effective today).  That makes sense.  Scoring in the 600's doesn't.

Never pay any attention to the Transrisk score, vintage scroe, or anything else.  The FICO score is the trademark system that lenders use.  All these other formulas is just something to compete, it's NOT THE REAL McCoy!  Fico is a trademark and it cost to use someone's trademark, therefore websites like CK come up with their own system to give u a score because they cannot use another companies trademark without paying them.  And that's why u got all these other scores, like Vintage score, they don't mean anything because Lender's don't recognize them. 

mbs2978

There are 49 FICO scoring models.. And the lenders pick from the menu....

it is confusing.  my CK score is 771 my TransUnion is 534; a huge discrepancy.  I wanted to refinancemy mortgage and they want 620 minimum, and do not recognize CK .. I don't see what the point is in paying attention to the CK score?  How can I balanceall of them out??

TransUnion,com uses Vantage score. The range is 501-990 while ck uses TransRisk which is 300-850.

My CK credit score and the actual FICO score for TU also do not match (CK = 732, TU FICO = 770). The CK breakdown states my average account age is about 4 yrs old, but FICO says it's 12 yrs. There is obviously a disconnect. CK is giving you their estimate of your FICO score, not the actual score from Fair Isaac (the FICO score company).

what is the transrisk score in comparison with fico score? is it the same...