Question

drybean

the more debt I pay down the more my score drops
So much for improving my score as I pay down debt. We paid off a loan and credit scrore just dropped like a rock. I would think it would have gone up seeing the debt to income ratio improved. Talk about punch in the gut. I feel more defeated than ever.

I suggest you re-read the credit articles here to improve your understanding of how credit works.  If you are paying off loans such as that for a car, yes, your score might drop a bit, but it can be improved.  Don't concentrate so hard on score numbers, but improving the other factors (age of accounts, payment record, increasing the available credit limit you have) so your score will increase.  If any of your payoffs is a credit card, do not close it after it is paid in full.  That really hurts your score. The more credit you have available, the better.