Question

Posted in Taxes

martygregwah

Tax Lien Even Though I was Owed a Refund?
A tax lien was added to my credit report in January of 2016 for unpiad state taxes from 2011 for over $5000. I pulled up my TurboTax info from 2011 and saw that I had opted to mail in the state taxes instead of e-file. I likely forgot to mail them in, but I can see that i was OWED A REFUND of $68. I have since mailed the 2011 info in. Will the tax lien be removed once they see they owed me money?

That you didn't file the taxes in a timely fashion may mean you can be charged fines on that non-filing, so you would likely not get a refund.  But it is likely the lein will be removed once the taxes are recorded as having been filed.