Question

quiltergrandpa

tax fraud...help
IRS told me today of a person attempting to file a false return, using all my info. What do I do to protect myself?

I hope you do not keep your Social Security card in your wallet.  That number is a gold mine to an identity thief and you only need it a couple times in your lifetime, so it's best to keep it locked away safe. Same for any other papers that have such important information on them.  A shredder is helpful in destroying any potential sensitive information so no dump pickers can get it. Don't be quick to give out information on the web or phone just because someone says they need it to verify your account or correct a security breach.