Question

mdr1224

Sudden 100 point drop in credit score - baffling
Very disappointed to see my score drop this dramatically and then not even reflect where my score had been the past few months? I went from the high 780s (excellent) to 680s (fair) when I had done nothing to adversely affect my credit score.

Yes, but.....

Mine said "average" before this change and I managed to pay off my debt - I checked my "regular" Transunion score and it actually went up by a little bit (I get my Transunion score each month through my Capitol One card). However, with this change to Vantage, my two scores now both say "very poor." With the same information. 

1 off your score did not drop 100%.  It's a Different Credit Score.

2 If you took the time to read you would find out that Credit Karma has moved to the TransUnion VantageScore 3.0 from the older TransUnion NewAccount Score.   

3 If you dig a little you can still find the TransUnion NewAccount Score.