Question

Dwalters22

Small debt advice and credit improvement
I have 850 dollars in debt with a cable company from 8 years ago. And I have about $1,500 dollars from hospital bills about 6 years ago. What should I do I recently got married and want to improve my credit score. Is it true that after 7 years past debt falls off your credit report? If so why is my cable debt from 8 years ago still on my report? Can I get it taken off? Should I just try to pay it off? And what about hospital bill how should I handle that? I am on a very fixed income.

Most things fall off after 7 years. A letter to the credit agency with your questions might help.