Question

emolution070

Should I remove my oldest account on my report if it has a high utilization rate?
The oldest account on my record reports 15 years of perfect payment history because it is a joint account with my father. Just to clarify, I am *NOT* an authorized user, I was actually added as a joint cardholder. Not only has this caused problems because his credit limit is 50% of my income, but it's also the highest utilization I have on any card. A year ago, I opened the first credit card in my name with a 5,000 limit, and since then I've added 2,500 in national cards and around 3,000 in store cards. The store cards are at a zero balance and I routinely use my other two. How big of a hit would my score suffer if I attempted to remove myself from his card?

you souldnt do that

If you can continue to make payments and using it responsibly you should.  You already buld a credit histort with them if u close them now it will look bad. But you should never use more then 30% of your avaible credit on any credit card . It makes the creditor belive that your desprate for credit and thats not a good thing . 30% IS demostrating that you can use credit respobily. Hope that was helpful have a nice day.