Should I pursue an absent mortgage on my credit report after divorce?
My ex husband had terrible financial habits during our marriage, but during our separation things really got out of hand. He took out credit in both our names, and defaulted on credit cards. Those cards were "awarded" to him in the divorce (which he has since defaulted on), but they have still shown up on my credit report since we were still legally married at the time. What isn't showing up is the house that we own together, that he is continuing to live in post divorce. He is responsible for the mortgage payments (I am going to school several states away and don't want the financial responsibility). I know the loan has changed hands several times, but why isn't it showing up under my credit report? Can I even pursue it without the threat of potential lack of payment on his part damaging my credit further, now that I'm finally moving out from under the shadow of his credit card default?