Question

caringi

should I pay off credit line that was charged off as a bad debt. will it raise my credit rating
was charged off as bad debt but it said since it was line of credit it is not for credit reporting. If I set up payment plans to pay it off will it raise my credit rating or should I just let it go as closed.

Removing all negative items from your credit file is the right and smart choice, unless it is pretty close to the fall off date..... 7 years delinquent..... Other than that; try to negotiate a pay for delete. Simply ask that as you pay the item in full would they be so kind as to remove the negative item from your credit file(s). Good luck my friend...