Question

spork0814

Should I cancel my Hot topic credit card I just got?
I m new to credit cards and I just got a secure card from my bank a couple months ago. I went to hot topic and applied for a hot topic card only to get a discount off my purchase. Now my card is here and I don't know what do do. If I cancel it will I hurt my credit score? I paid off the money owed the same day at the store so I don't owe anything or should I keep it? I hardly ever shop there. I know I screwed up but can someone help me fx this please

You didn't screw up. :)

You just need to get a better understanding of how credit works and the articles on this site help with that.  They sure helped me and I studied business!!!  Don 't cancel that Hot Topic card, even if you never use it again.  Whatever the credit limit granted with that card is, it helps your credit score. So does the secured card. Hang on to them both! If you don't use them, keep them (and your Social Security card BTW) locked up someplace safe. Now, start reading the information on this site so you become credit smart.  You've got a good start because you came here to ask a question before you might have done something stupid that would have hurt you.  Relax, read, learn and you should do fine for the rest of your life.