Question

oddknock

Settled debt with credit card will they open a card to me again if my chances show good on here

Most Helpful Response

Did you settle it with original creditors or collection agencies? If you settled with collection agency, I wouldn't risk it with any other lenders other than CapOne assume it has been over 12 months. If you settled directly with original creditor? Then you would stand a better chance of getting back in with them. There are plenty of lenders out there so really no need to chance it, unless you burned majority of them...Whatever you decide to do, please do NOT go by CK's approval odds.

That depends on the issuer and how the account shows up on your reports. Is it in the derogatory section? Are there late payments? If so,be careful about applying to the same credit issuer. 
I was denied for the Chase Freedom about a year ago because I had an old collection (it aged off my report a month later) for a Chevron gas card. Apparently Chevron and Chase are linked (I Googled to confirm this), because the reason for the denial was "adverse relationship with an affiliate," or something to that effect.