Question

Trissinho

score dropped by 54 points after taking auto loan
my score was 720 when i got approved for a car loan and as soon as i got it in a month my score dropped to 664 about 54 points. Can anyone tell me why? it says new account added with balance of ****. Thank you for your help :)

Most Helpful Response

This is normal whenever you open a new account.  Once you've made a few payments, your score will come back up and probably exceed your prior 720 score (it did for me).  It does take a few months.  You take a hit for the inquiry and because of the change in your utilization.  Congrats on the car!

Trissinho

thank you! i was just wondering if it was normal thing but thank you for your responses :)

It could be any number of things hard to say.

I purchased a new car last Setp 2013,  my score from from 762 to 754 a two months after and then back up to 764 a month later were it's stays at.

If you want to see what makes up my score look at my profile.  

Why did my score drop?

I leased a car in April and in August my credit score droped by 45 pts. Why is that? 

My payments are on time. 

Please answer...

Credit dropped after purchasing car

The exact same thing happened to me and im now trying to find out why. I got an auto loan for 30k and now my score has dropped almost 40points.....