Question

dante2332

School loans have duplicated on my credit report can I dispute?
I defaulted on my student loans. I went through the rehab process and brought all my accounts current. Instead of updating the original loans it seems they just added more with the status paying as agreed. It looks like I have twice as many loans. Can I dispute this?

Most Helpful Response

The Curse of the Student Loan

I have a duplicate loan that is the total amount of all 7 small student loans. I contacted the student loans dept of Sallie Mae and they will not remove it since it was placed on my accounts by another division and they have been abolished. I am in a repayment program and all 7 loans will be updated in June, but cannot get anyone to help me get the incorrect loan information off my reports. It shows I owe more than I do and also that its in default. I know for a fact under the 'Fair Credit Reporting Act" that this is illegal. But since its a different account number, the reporting agancies will not help me dispute it. Is there a legal option for people in this position?

monkeyplay

Well I don't have any student loans I was in the military and the VA paid for my education for defending my country. How do I get this misinformation removed?

No, because they get transferred to another department when defaulted and get reported each time.  The notes on your credit reports will state they were transferred and the dates.  I hope you are checking all three credit reports annually and that you have or are reading the articles on this site sao you can learn more about credit.  That is what Credit Karma is all about.