Question

seattle128

remove / dispute Hard Hit Inquirie
Went to the US Bank yesterday, to add additional services to a current bank account (US Bank) we have a business checking account. and wanted to sign up for their merchant services, to process credit cards. US Bank owns ELAVON to process credit card. Any way I have specifically ask bank employee (Payment Solution Consultant) if there will be a credit check, and if this be a hard hit or soft hit, and if this will be a hard hit we don't want this service, he reassure us that this will be a soft hit . Well I know this sounds like "he said/she said" but this is a bank employee who is there to provide those type of answer.

Any suggestions ? or is this even possible to dispute/remove.

Please dont tell me I should of known better :)
Oh and why Im making a big deal out of it,
ANd yes my score went down

Did you sign anything that stated they were going to do a Credit Check?    You should have a copy of all the documents you signed right now,  start reading.  If anything like that is stated then not much you can do.    If you can not find anything then I would dispute it.

Good Luck

seattle128

but like I said, we knew about credit check, this is why we asked bank rep. to make sure this will be a soft hit, since we not applying for a loan.

this is what application states;

"The undersigned hereby directs any consuer reporting agency to furmish a consumer credit report that relates personally to the undersigned upon the request of Elavon or any of its designees, successors or assigns and agrees that all parties involved atein compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. "

Thank you.