Question

TheyreOutToGetMe

Remortgaging... should it have hit my credit score so hard???
Recently went through a remortgage - essentially reducing my rate - and it cost my credit score 39 points. This seems outrageous - first, it replaced an existing loan, with a new loan of lower cost and interest rate (signifying fiscal maturity and growth), secondly it replaced an existing loan.

Very concerned about how this calculation seems to be unfairly assessed and honestly, seems calculated to give the banking community the opportunity to scam more money from me on subsequent loans.