Question

TomW1234

recently leased a car lastmonth and according to CreditKarma my credit score dropped from 750 to 675
I recently leased a car last month and according to Credit Karma my credit score dropped from 750 to 675, with no missed payments only thing new is the lease but how does it make it drop almost 75 points in one month?

Most Helpful Response

Yeah, I would check your FICO score.  Also adding a new credit line will drop your score for a little bit but because this is different from a credit card it will help your score in a little bit because it adds some credit mixture to your credit profile and that is 10% of your score.

TomW1234

Where would be a good place to check my FICO score?

Non-fico scoring systems do crazy things.