Question

bludevil144

raising credit score
I currently have student loans out that I am not able to make paymets on until july. I have a car payment that I make every month though on time or early. Will my credit score start going up after I start making payments on my student loan even though my car will be paid off? Also my husband has no credit what is a good way to start credit as we have no one who can cosign for him?
thank you

Most Helpful Response

First, have you already consolidated your student loans?  If not, check into that asap.  Also they have lots of new repayment programs.  If these are federal student loans, call Crest at 469-619-0644 and they can tell you for free if they can help with that.  Second, yes, your score will increase somewhat.  Closed auto loan may hurt a little, but not much overall because you'll have good history.  Third, your husband should get a secured credit card that reports to all 3 bureas; visit www.creditcards.org to compare all available.  Use it wisely and he will slowly gain good credit.  Also, visit www.credit.about.com for lots of great info regarding all things credit-related.  Best of luck!