Question

Posted in Banking

youngster101

personal checks, in debt, can i go to jail? I don't know if creditors are trying 2 get ahold of me
I'm young still learning, I wrote personal checks thinking same as a loan. I don't know if creditors are looking for me, I'm in debt 1000 each bank total 6 banks, I've never been to jail, I needed help getting into a place an food job searching I got a job I'm making payments, I was told I won't go to jail, but I'm hearing different info, I'm scared, and I don't know what to do all banks closed my accts . please help!

Not paying your debts can lead to bad credit bad but writing bad checks is illegal and a felony and can land you in jail. There are civil and criminal penaties for each check written. The people that you wrote those checks to did not get paid and if they choose to, they can can turn them over to the police and have warrants issued for your arrest for what is known as "check kiting".