Question

Sarahhammitt

Pay for delete letter template
HI,

Can you suggest a Pay for Delete letter template?

THanks,
Sarah

Most Helpful Response

Pay for Delete - Template

I see this question a lot on CK, where can I get a pay to delete letter? how do I write one? what do yo say? ect..ect.. 

I am not too sure where I found this, it was either somewhere on CK buried in all the articles or it was a search I found online. But either way I wanted to share with you what I had used and have been successful. I had 4 old dept's cleared from my report to date. All ranging from 1-4 years old. 

Good Luck!

Name of Creditor

Address

City, St. zip

Re: Collection Account for Original Creditor Account XXXXXXXXX

Amount: $XXX.XX

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am disputing the validity of the debt referred to above. I am not aware of the account number and you have not informed me of the existence of this account.

I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or a settlement percentage, whichever is feasible) if you agree to immediately delete the account from the credit reporting agencies (namely Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) that you have reported to, and validated this account. My sole purpose is to get this item removed from my file. This letter should not be interpreted as recognition of the debt or acknowledgment of liability for the debt.

If you accept the terms of this agreement, the certified amount of $XXX will be sent to your collection agency provided there is complete deletion of any reference to the debt from my file on all the credit bureaus that you have reported to, and the debt is validated. As the full amount demanded will be paid back, there should not be any waiting period to delete this item from the reporting bureaus.

Your agency should delete all information regarding the account from my credit files within 10 business days from the receipt of the payment, as mentioned in this agreement. The terms of this agreement will not be discussed with anyone but the original creditor. No third party will be informed if contacted and no acknowledgment of the debt, any kind of payment, or settlement will be discussed if I am contacted by the Reporting Agencies.

Following the acceptance of the agreement, please prepare a letter on your company letter head unambiguously agreeing to the aforementioned terms and conditions and have it signed by your agency’s authorized signatory. This letter will imply a legal contract, enforceable under my state law.

If I do not receive an approval letter within 15 days of your receipt of this letter, I will withdraw this offer.

Please communicate regarding this account to the address mentioned below

Your Name

Address

City, St. Zip

omada87

This is the letter I've been locking for! Thank You!

rjp530

A few things:

Well, for one thing, it ends with dribble. It "sounds" like a template. An attorney could draft you something more acceptable.

Secondly, when you the below, what are you saying is you are doubting that the account is yours, can't find your own account number records to check, account sounds unknown to you possibly, etc. And then next you are saying that you're willing to pay, if it just goes away. Willing to pay a debt that you need to ask validation for to jog your memory? It will be harder for you if a remark is left on your report that "settled," etc. - instead of something more favorable, perhaps removal. Go slower in stages with such things. Don't make admissions ("I'll pay," etc.) in first letter after you ask for DV. That's just bad form. 

"I am disputing the validity of the debt referred to above. I am not aware of the account number and you have not informed me of the existence of this account.

I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or a settlement percentage, whichever is feasible) if you agree to immediately delete the account from the credit reporting agencies (namely Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) that you have reported to, and validated this account. My sole purpose is to get this item removed from my file. This letter should not be interpreted as recognition of the debt or acknowledgment of liability for the debt."

Pay for Delete

There are templates that you can do a Google search for.  However, be well aware that no company really offers them anymore.  Even if they agree to it, they don't have to uphold their end because they are technically illegal.

I'd recommend disputing with the credit bureaus first.  You'd be shocked at how many creditors won't verify your information and collections disappear!

prosper941

From what I've been told the only way it would be deemed "illegal" is if the person agreeing to the negotiation is not a legal representative of the company. Some colleciton agencies will say they aren't allowed to do it, so the next thing is to send the letter to the origianl creditor.

Pay for delete

Do you have to mail it or can you e-mai it? Thanks!

Question about letter

Are you putting the account number of top with amount owed then later stating that you do not know the account number . Not sure what to put and would like to use this.

If it is verified

But if it is verified -doesn't the seven years start over?

i looked at the dispute form - what reason do we give to dispute?  There was no "debt validation" given as a reason 

any help is appreciated

danzhanzen

No, the 7 years is from the date that the account first went delinquent or you last paid them.