Question

KMurf4

Past Due/Collection Accounts Removed After 7 Years?
Will an account be removed if you are still making payments? I have an account that I am making very small payments towards a very large balance. Thankfully the creditor agreed to this to help me out and stop harassing me. The account went past due about 4 years ago. So what happens three years from now if I am still making payments? Is it removed from my credit report?

Good job paying off the debt even if it taking longer then desired.   Honoring ones commitment is a good trait.  To your question, iIt depends on who you are making payments to and if they are reporting to the bureau.   If it is to the original creditor and you are paying as agreed, then the account is probably being reported and should be posted as "paying as agreed".   This would indicate a current payment.   If you are dealing with a credit collections firm, if they are not reporting the payments to the bureau then it should expire in 7 years and 30 days from the last date reported. 

Accounts in collection shall be on your credit report no longer than 7 years plus 180 days from the Date Of First Delinquency. Regardless if it's unpaid, paid or "paying"...  However, since you made a arrangements with collection agency (in writing I assumed)? then if you decides to stop paying it now or down the road whether or not if it still on your credit report? it might restart the clock on Statue Of Limitations of being sued, as it might seen as a brand new contract. Besides, It isn't unheard of the collection agency sues you even tho they have a payment arrangement with you. To get you to agree on paying even for small amount, it's just the first step to get "all" the money as quickly as they can from you.