Question

PerlaJcalm

No Late Payment Debt Sent to Debt Collector Did not notify me Ruined my credit score
Pls I need help. I had a capital one credit debt about 2k left that i paid through automatically in my bank account, all a sudden it stopped and was recalled to debt collector agency.

They never notified me or even called me, I just recently found out during my credit score check on equifax. I am so upset, my dream of going 700+ was shattered.

I accept my blame for not being so attentative, but to report it to credit agency without even trying to contact me is so unfair and just absurd.

Few questions just for my own curiosity, of course you don't have to answer... What do you mean by "... Capitol one debt...", is that account in good standing just with 2k balance and have auto payment on it, or is it in some type of arrangement with Capitol One to pay the account already in delinquency? What do you mean it suddenly stopped, who stopped? did CapOne refusing/returning payment? did your bank stop sending? Typically credit card account isn't send to collection until it's be charged-off and it usually isn't charged-off until it's been 90/120 days or more late.

-

At this point there isn't much you can do, maybe call/write to CapOne too see if they are willing to "recall" the collection and you continue pay CapOne (in full if it's all possible), that's fairly iffy tho, more likely the debt is been "sold" to collection rather then been "send" to collection, then CapOne probably have no authority to recall it.

-

You can try to get in contact with their "Executive Office"  Google their CEO's email address, of course him self won't get back but someone from EO staff will, state what happened in detail and see what they can do, at times in certain situations they can do wonders.

-

Then there is a outside solution, if you truly felt you were wronged, file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, they are surprisingly quick to respond and resolve isuues for a Government agency.

-

If non of them can help or not to your liking, Then you would need to deal with collection agency, it would be nightmarish on its best days, so contacting CA should be your last option. You need to be very careful, don't say you will pay, taking ownership of debt or entering a payment arrangement, that would give them that much more reason to file a lawsuit to seeking judgment against you, then they can garnish your income. Do everything in writing to see they are willing to do a "pay for delete" deal, very small chance but give it a shot. If not? Then you have to decide to pay it or not, however paid collection won't better your scores and isn't ground for removal.