Question

tomwroberts

Need help with Maryland state tax lien question
I have two Maryland state tax liens, on my credit report, that have been released. The problem is the state put it on my credit report twice, with different ID numbers on different dates from two different counties (I had moved). The later date shows a different amount because of accrued interest. What can I do to get the later tax lien removed from my credit report? Should I dispute this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Most Helpful Response

Because tax liens are public record, I think you'll need to go back to Maryland taxing folks and get them to remove the items from the public record.  You can try disputing with the bureaus at the same time, it wouldn't hurt!  Best of luck with this issue.

tomwroberts

After a little research,  It may be dificult to have the county remove the record from my report.  Apparently, Maryland doesn't have a process for withdrawing lien records from credit reports.

Addison170

Bummer.  But if I were you, I would still send letters to the bureaus and notify them that you'd like the liens verified.  Wait for their responses.  If both liens are still showing up, write again and tell them one is a duplicate account.  (I'm hoping maybe both will come off after your first letter.)  In any case, they should fall off after 7 years from the date you paid them.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!