Question

gholden25

need help fixing credit
I am wanting to purchase a home but my credit scores are not the best due to ignorance in my younger years. I know of a few things to work on but I am not sure how long they will take to effect my credit.
Credit Karma show my scores to be TU- 676 and E- 649. Quicken loans said my 3 scores are 556 576 and 631. They told me to only worry about the medical bills from the last 24 months which are $59, $120, $139, $582, and $1384. I just paid off the smaller two and will be making payments on the others monthly. I traded my car in on April 3rd but the debt still shows to be owed. I have a new car loan for $26,229(2 months old), Capital 1 CC (2 months old)with a limit of $300 and balance of $100, buckle CC (4 months old) limit $250 balance $0 , victoria secret CC (1 month old) with limit $250 balance $0, a personal loan (1 month old) for $1027, two school loans that are deferred, also my mother has me as an authorized user on her Walmart CC which boosted my score when she added me but her balance is very high (using 78% utilization). Will removing me as an authorized user hurt my score since it did add age to my credit history? Is there anything else I can do to help my score?

In addition to getting the medical bills paid off, attempt to get them removed from your reports as well. Ask the company posting the debt to agree to remove it in exchange for you paying it, usually you will have to pay it all at once to get a deal like this though, but not always. If any are still on your reports that you paid, you can request the company to remove the account, whether they do or not is completely up to them. Do some studying on Goodwill Letters and Pay For Delete Agreements. It is good that you only have a balance on one credit card, but you should pay that down a little, you are at 33% utilization now on the one card, get it down to 10% or so. Get your personal loan paid down as well, but not paid off, keep it open, but reduce your balance. As far as removing yourself as an AU on your mother's card, I do not know what to advise, how much time is it adding to your average age of accounts? If it is helping a lot time wise, then you may want to remain, if it isn't then you may want to get removed. Or of course if the utilization gets any higher or over the limit, then remove yourself. Besides that, your accounts are all new, with little payment history, so just be patient and time will put those accounts to use for you and in the meantime work to clean your reports up.