Question

G00285019

My score dropped a lot for no reason! Why?
No new inquiries, no balances have been paid off, no balances have increased. No changes whatsoever.

My score dropped 58 points and I have NO idea why. I'm very on top of my finances and my bills. Everything is paid before the due date and always enough to cover the minimum due plus whatever interest may have developed over the month.

Someone PLEASE help. There was no explanation on credit karma. Thanks!

Mystery Solved!

So I had the same problem with Equifax on credit karma. Credit karma reported a sudden 22 point drop with no valid reason for it. I went drive you to Equifax and paid for their credit monitoring. They were very clear the my credit score HAD NOT CHANGED that credit karma was off on their reporting . So to everyone worried about a sudden drop I would recommend contacting the reporting agency directly

cremington10

Enter Your ReplyIll try that. Mine drop exactly 100 points today for no reason.

Most Helpful Response

-98 points in ONE DAY!!??

Mine just dropped 98 points in one day!   I disputed two items that were taken OFF my report and today im -98 points on my score!!!   WHY???   I have one credit card, and two loans i pay.   I paid my auto loan off last year so that shouldnt JUST now come into effect!

iForeignBeauty

I just had the same thing happen to me!! I am ****ed! I disputed 4 things and they were removed but then my score dropped 59 points. I am not understanding this.

catiemay

Mine did too, I disputed 3 items on my credit report and it dropped 41 points. I thought getting the negative things off your report was supposed to help your credit not hurt it.. What is wrong with this picture??

alexrev13

the same thing happen to me once i paid my car off my good credit just started dropping a litte he and a little their. i went from 750+ to now 657 for no reason.

No one can tell me why it keeps dropping.

Me too!

I just had the same thing happen - 47 point drop on both Equifax and TransUnion in one week, and the only change shown is an old tax lien that DROPPED OFF. WTF? Feels like the system is either arbitrary or rigged and improving my credit score is futile.

Dropped for no reason

Im a college student who amazing paid of my credit card bills in full, and not once have i ever been late. My credit score was around 750 last time I checked and I checked today it was 715. I don't have any payments that I need to pay, and I only have one card. I am confused as to why If im doing everything correcly, why my credit score dropped. This is some b.s. Its like you can never win when it comes to having a credit card.

How did you contact the Equifax directly?

Ludicrous!

I noticed that the credit scores goes up little by little by little, but the credit scores can drop drastically for whichever reason if it's legit.. My score dropped 18 pts for NO reason. It just seems forever to get higher and higher in score, but it sure has NO problem to drop! I have NEVER been late on ANY payments in the whole entire history of  I having a credit card. This is ridiculous!! 

Same Here

My Experian credit score went down 84 points in one day, and for no reason whatsoever. I have a perfect payment history, 10% credit card utilization, no derogatory marks, and I'm very careful about my finances. I'm getting sick of the mafia-like credit reporting agencies. They create a secret list, charge you money to look at it, and then don't explain why they make changes the way they do. It's an insideous cabal. 

Credit Score Dropped

That's how banks make money, if you have low credit score. My daughter's score went from 740 to 635 without any changes in her credit report. No credit cards, no loans other than student loan (which was already on her account before the drop), no  collections, no inquiries. You can't really go anywhere for help or get it corrected. 

This whole thing has been a scam for years and is not about to improve anytime soon. 

Same

Mine dropped 81 points in a day!  I paid all my student loans on time.. actually paid them a week early and boom this happens!  I need answers!

What happend next??

Mine did the same thing today....no reason at all.....can I ask you, what happend next? Did you manage to find out an answer from Equifax?  Did it go back up the following week? etc. Thanks!

lauraleecable

Mine did the exact same thing on the SAME date as yours. I have no clue what happened and I have no new activity on my credit whatsoever. Mine went down 72 points.

chadsproperties

I'm going through the same thing. Mine dropped 38 points with no changes. My update is on the 27th. Did yours change and go back up with the next update?

Galaxis

If you hit over 9% or 30% utilization, it will drop 20+ points. When you hit the 50% thresholld utilization, it will drop again, and so forth. Utilization occurs in real-time, meaning you don't have to wait a month to see it (the next time credit karma updates ur info).