Question

aerialways09

My debt collector just cancelled my payment plan(I paid 1700 and have 200 left), what can I do?
In early 2014, I opened a credit card. I fell on hard times and was unable to make the minimum payment. That payment steadily increased, and my account was closed. Several months later, I received a notice from a debt collector. I called them and we agreed upon a payment plan of 100 something dollars a month. I have made those payments for almost a year and a half. I paid 1700 of the 1900 I owe them.
At the beginning of this month, I told them (via phone) that I have to make a partial payment, and will call back at the end of the month. I made that payment on the 14th. Today, on the 21st, I received a letter (postmarked on the 19th, with the 15th as the date on the actual letter) stating that I have failed to meet my agreed upon payment, therefore they are cancelling my payment agreement. They did not even let me get to the end of the month before cancelling me.

Thing is, I only owe 200 something dollars. Will the debt collector sue me? What are my options here? By the way, I have made a full payment every single month. I made a partial payment once or twice, but I always met my obligation at the end of the month. What can I do?