Question

j497

My credit just dropped 28 points. Why?

Could be several reasons for this... have you had a lot of hard inquiries to your credit lately? Or maybe you just got a new loan for a substantial amount. Or perhaps a collections account was added to your credit. I know typical when my score drops that many points all at once, it's because something drastic has happened. The last time it dropped that way was when I bought my car and my credit balance increased drastically - to the bureaus, it looked like suddenly I racked up new debt of $15,000. It might be good to investigate a little...

In addition to what was already said, I advise you to watch your FICO scores as well to see what they are doing.