Question

nyppsi

My Auto Insurance Score Makes NO Sense
My Transunion Score is 788 (of 850) Excellent.
My Vantage Score is 990 (of 990) Rated A (Perfect).
My Home Insurance Score is 950 (of 950) Very Good (Perfect).
My Auto Insurance Score is 870 (of 950) Good (Low End).

It is stated that the Auto Insurance Score "IS NOT based on your driving record".

So, why, with all my other high scores, is my Auto Insurance Score not higher?

This makes no sense.

Most Helpful Response

Claims/etc can affect Auto Insurance....

The single largest impact on someone's Auto Insurance score is likelihood of claims. So, if you've filed any claims with your insurance, no matter the size. They will have some impact on that particular score.

The insurance agency uses this core as a determing how likely you will end up filing a claim with your annual cycle with them. Basically, they want to know you're going to give them money and not end up making several claims, offsetting their profit margin.

nyppsi

All of my insurance (auto, home, umbrella, valuable personal property, rental unit <for condo rented out to others>, etc), with the exception of life insurance, is (and has been for 43+ years) with the same company. In the last 20+ years, there have been NO claims on any policy except the auto policy. Two of those were under comprehensive coverage (a broken window from a break-in & a bullseye in the windshield from a rock strike on the highway) and of the several accident claims, none were classified as me being at-fault), i.e., I've been rear-ended at stoplights several times (with no contributory negligence on my part charged by the company) by stupid inattentive drivers. I've had no traffic citations in over 10+ years. My premiums are, and have been, on autopay for at least 15 years --- never missed, never late. I've been a policyholder of this company for over 43 years and receive substantial discounts for being a safe driver. I have very high coverage amounts at very low prices due to my excellent driving record.

According to the Credit Karma description of what constitutes the Auto Insurance Score, even if I did have a bad driving record it isn't a factor in determining this score. 

So, in view of my stellar credit record (otherwise), and my claims record (almost non-existent) and nothing in my background that would trigger any consternation on the parts of insurers, my low good rating on my Auto Insurance Score makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I've even asked my insurer if there's anything in my records or background that would cause this disparity in the Auto Insurance Score, and they tell me they don't understand it either.

So, how do I get this corrected --- or can I?

What the Heck?

I have the same issue, well sort of,,,,,, Any way, my driving record is not considered here, but the score counts toward getting a better insurance rate.  So how exactly is the score determined on this Auto Rating?  I'm with you, What the Heck is going on here?

All in all, how does your credit score vary between bereaus and do they determine your auto rating the same?  Curious.....

nyppsi

My scores at the three bureaus are consistently within a few points of each other, and all are in the top level of credit ratings.

My credit record is impeccable.

My true Fair-Isaacs (sp?) FICO score, which I get directly from that company at a cost (that is the score that most lenders use) is also very high.

I'm curious about the same thing

My Credit score is 763, we have a really low debt to income ratio. My other ratings are all fairly good but my Auto Insurance Scores through this site say low....at 815.  I called my Insurance Agent, with Allstate and I rate as a 1-2 on their level of a rating of 1-16.  My agent said I'm steller as far as they are concerned. 

0 claimes --ever actually-- knock on wood.. in over 10+yrs we've not filed a claim. No points, and I have no bad credit history.  We pay our bills on time.. even when my husband was laid off.

It makes no sense. I'd like to talk to someone at Credit Karma but can't find information on how to reach anyone!

I have an excellent driving record and pay my premium when due. I do not have any speeding citations or any other derogative information.

boots4lizz

Was there something else you wanted to say besides how great your record/s are?  Don't you want to comment on what this guy was complaining about?

Not Helpful at all!

nyppsi

So what's your point?

This seems like a pointless bit of self-aggrandizement, and definitely was not an answer to my issue.

As boots4lizz's reply so aptly stated, this was not a comment on the issue I raised and was not helpful at all.