Question

Thatguy4598

Mom on my credit report...?
Hello,

First off, I'm very new to the credit card game. I applied for a card a little more than 7 months ago, and have made regular payments on the card. I still have yet to miss a payment. I've maintained less than 10% utilization on this card, and have a credit score between 710 and 760.

I decided with my record to try and raise my VERY small credit limit, but the company (Discover) won't raise it. I then applied to different student credit card companies (ie Capital One) and they still rejected me. Since I was struggling to get a new card, I decided to create a Credit Karma account and see what cards they recommended. Upon making my account, I was blown away! All of a sudden my chances were "Very Good" for almost every card, and my credit score was well above what I receive from my Discover FICO score.

I read through my credit report, and found my mom has me as a cosigner for one of her cards (or vice versa, its really confusing). She has excellent credit, so could this be the reason I'm getting so many Very Goods? I couldn't even apply for a student credit card, but I'm getting recommended for very extravagant cards. Could this also contribute to my inability to get another card? I'm very confused, please help!