Question

Lynn0885

Major drop in Credit Score???!!!
My credit score dropped 139 points and the only changes were an account was removed from my report and I had a credit inquiry from applying for an apartment. This is the second apartment I have applied for in recent months but I was denied the first one for other reasons. Would 2 credit inquiries really lower my score that much? Wouldn't my score go up if an account was removers as well? It now says I have very poor credit and I was good before .

You haven't yet had sufficient time to read the articles here and I strongly advise doing so to learn how credit works and how to keep your score up.  You didn't say what type of account was removed but whatever the credit limit was on that account was removed from your total credit limit and that can cause a significant score drop, when your goal should be to build ujp as much available credit as possible. Please take the time to read, use the financial tools and learn so you will have a lifetime benefit from knowing how to play the credit game.