Question

Bobbyasu42

Late Payment Removal
Is there anyway possible to remove a late payment on a Credit Card (Home Depot) from your credit report?

i have 4 missed payments in 2006 , so does it ever go away or just stays on there does it effect score after so many years.

thanks for response,

Most Helpful Response

GW letter to creditor

Hi, you can send a letter asking for a "Good will" removal of the late payment from your credit file. If the late payment was only 60 days late, it should have been gone from your file a long time ago. If you get no satifactory answer from the creditor. Send a letter to one of the credit agencies, reporting the information as inaqurate, then, by law, they will have to investigate, which will force the creditor to either confirm or deny the dispute. This might get that late payment removed from your file. However, if you think this is the only factor that is affectign your credit score, you might be wrong. There are many other factors taken into account when calculating your score. Deleting that late payment might not help you the way you want, but it is a start. Good luck.

late payment removal

I have a late payment mark on my credit report from 1998, what is the statute of limitations on this and how do I get it removed ?

Sorry, haven't been able to do so myself

The best repair of this would be to make all future payments on any credit account on or ahead of the due date and do this regularly.  It will show potential creditors that you can be depended on, and that's one thing they look for.  If they see  the late payment before it drops off your credit report (which it will,eventually, do) they may realize it was a mistake on your part that you didn't make again

Bobbyasu42

And that is what I do. I have 5 cards that I have had for probably 7 years. I rarely use 4 of them, and the one I use (I get the most points for using) I pay the whole balance as soon as I get the bill. This deliquint payment was from 4 years ago (My fault, just forgot to pay it) and I was just wondering if there was anyway to have it removed. I guess the answer is no (until it is gone 3 years from now). Thanks for the response.