Question

Wayne2001

Just filed Chapter 7 with a 543 credit score and wanna know what my score will be after discharge?

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

You can’t know until after discharge. I will say this though - mine was higher and kept climbing as I made an effort to rebuild my credit. Yours will be higher too but you won’t know how high until the time comes. 

I filed with a 407 score. It just discharged Jan 29 and my score now is 621. I have 3 lines of credit. Fingerhut, Discover secured CC, and a credit builder account. I was denied for a secured card by capital one.

Wayne2001

Thanks for into Roadrage. I was planning on the Discover it Secured Card as well. I think I'll stay away from Capital One sense one of my cards in the filing is theirs with a $743 charge off in collections. 

How is your credit score now? 

Too bad you didn't read the articles here BEFORE filing for  bankruptcy.  No one can say what  your score will be since there are so many factors to be considered,  but it is a fact that you willhave to rebuild your credit all over again and it is not going to be easy during the ten years that  this bankruptcy will be on your reports.  So, reading the articles now will be a lot of help.

Wayne2001

I had too many collections and was getting sued by 2 of my creditors. It was the fastest way to ensure I don't get my wages garnished. I've read and lots of people are able to get loans and credit cards within 3 months of discharge so I think I will be ok. 

Harry7900

I wish Credit Karma would ban you.  You are insulting and you don’t know what you’re talking about. You repeat the same garbage over and over. Have you ever filed bankruptcy and received a discharge? It is a proven fact that bankruptcy improves credit scores. The only thing you said that’s true is that you have to rebuild your credit after bankruptcy. The fact that bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years does NOT mean your score is trash for 10 years. My score is 700 just 2 years since my discharge. You need to find another hobby.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next