Question

jmgordon

Is it now law that medical debt has to be removed from your credit report?
I heard that it is a new law that medical debt can no longer be put on your credit report. Will i be able to have my medical debt removed? If so, how will I have it removed?

Most Helpful Response

Not as far as I know,

any medical bills that have not been paid and gone to collections will be on your report.  Nothing with the ACA will change that.  There had been a bill that was going through congress that would have changed that but it never got out committe and never passed into law.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insidepatientfinance/2013/10/17/good-riddance-to-bill-eliminating-medical-debt-from-credit-scores/

I may not have all the current info on this so you may want to do a little more research on your own, But as far as I know nothing has changed on reporting collections accounts,