Question

jr773

I'm trying to figure out what does SYNCB/SAM'S mean

RE

I, too, have this on my credit report.  I also have Dish Network stating that I have a collections account for $1,372.  I have never had either an Amazon nor a Dish Network account.  Disputing the collections account now.  Will let you know how that goes.

Most Helpful Response

SYNCB/Walmar/Oldnav/Amazon/Sams

These are your Walmart, Old Navy, Amazon and/or Sam's Club cards. When you first applied for the cards, they were under GE Capital Retail Bank - GECRB/Walmar, GECRB/Oldnav, etc. Now that GE Capital Retail Bank changed their name to Synchrony Bank, you'll notice a change in the GECRB part to reflect their new name - SYNCB/Walmar, SYNC/Oldnav, etc. Hope this helps!

thank you i called them they said there is nothing in there system with my S.S.N so i dont under stand why is under there maybe you can help me

i have it too

last month some one changed my amazon password. i got alerted in my email and now i have this on my credit report

It's your Walmart or Amazon card.

They switched companies that issue credit for them.

SYNCB

i wish i knew  i have inquiries from them for syncb, and syncb/amazon. I wish i can take them off my report

Response

Have a similar issue and need help

SYNCB/SAMs

Was there no resolve to this? I know this is an old thread but still needs an answer.... I too have them on my credit report and there is no way I ever had this card or whatever it is. Anyone? 

This was on my credit report as well, I have had absolutely nothing to do with any of those companies.

Same problem

I applied to Walmart and got denied, then all of a sudden it says I have a credit card on my credit.. Why is that? I've never got a card it just says on my credit syncs/Walmart. I don't get what that means??