Question

Confusedadult

If I pay off a debt will my credit go up?
I have a few debts in collections if I can pay them off will my credit score increase?

Having debts go to collections brings your score down, so getting them paid off will result in an increase, though not instantly.  Please re-read the articles presented on this site so you can understand this situation better.  That is what CK is here for.

When you pay your collection accounts, you have to get the company to agree to remove the account completely from your credit report. Then you will see a higher score jump rather than just a paid closed account. If you don't get it removed and you only pay the amount, that account still hurts you.