Question

russian1986

if i pay loans faster, how does this affect my credit score?
I want to know if paying more than a monthly payment on my student loans will have a positive effect on my credit score. For example, if I have a $5000 principal balance (one account) on May 1, 2013 (end of deferment) at 4% interest rate and my monthly payment is $315 (for simplicity's sake), and I pay off the loan by end of September 2013 rather than several years as scheduled (assume both monthly and additional payments), will this raise my credit score, do nothing or lower it? Which action(s) actually matter(s)-the paying off sooner one, the close of the account upon full pay off, or not having enough credit history on just this loan (assuming no other debt) because of paying off sooner?
I want to know because this is similar to my loan situation and so far I have not seen my credit score change even by one point over the last 2 months despite the fact that I am on pace to pay off debt years ahead of schedule. Don't lenders WANT to see that a person has funds to pay debt fast or do they actually prefer that the perspn becomes tied to paying debt for years and years? This seems illogical and counterintuitive and Credit Karma does not explain this at all.