Question

ScreenNameNotInUse

If I pay down my card debt by $500, how long before the new balance is reflected on my report?
I'm trying to get a credit card debt consolidation loan and I need to get my overall card debt down by $500 to be at "fair", according to Credit Karma. I want to be sure that the new lower balance is reflected on my credit report before I apply for the loan. I don't want them to see the older higher debt and possibly deny me.

Most Helpful Response

Most lenders use a version of FICO scores, not the scores that you get here. That said, see what your FICO scores are before applying. Usually payments reflect on your reports the next time that the lender reports to the bureaus. Most lenders report once per month to the credit bureaus.