Question

stresamnuahs

If a collection is removed from your report, can it be placed back on?
I disputed a collection that appeared on my report. The CA reporting the "debt" failed to notify my by proper means (phone call or by mail) about the debt before reporting it to the agency. When I checked my report (as I do twice a month) I saw it on there. I immediately disputed it with my EQ credit bureau, and I also contacted the original creditor with regards to it. It was from an old utility that was never suppose to be charged to me in the first place. They "couldn't get in contact with me" so they sold it to a CA. Any way long story short, I disputed it with my credit bureau as well as with the collection agency reporting it, and looks like it has been removed. My question is, can it be reported back on my report at a later date?

It shouldn't come back, but if it does contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases in your state and see what they have to say. FDCPA stands for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.