Question

gloamez

I would like to know can you remove dismissed bankruptcies?

Simple process...

1) Get a copy of each of your credit reports. You will need to write a statement challenging the BK.  

2) Go to your courthouse, Get a copy of the paperwork that states that the BK has been dismissed/discharged (it should only be a few dollars).  

3) Write to all three of your credit bureaus and send a copy of the discharge with a challenge stating that the bankruptcy was dismissed on the attached date (proof enclosed).  

It will take a couple of weeks but the BK will be taken off of your repord.  If you have any problems, go back to your original attorney that filed your Bankruptcy and ask for further advice.  However, the above process should clear it off of your record as soon as they recieve the proof.  It's a simple process that anyone can do.  There's no need to pay a law firm or anyone else to complete this for you.

Most Helpful Response

Chapter 7 is on there for 10 years. Chapter 13 however is only there for 7. Bankrupcy is filed on the federal level so its the same amount of time no matter what state you live in. 2-3 years go buy and you will be good though. Even though its on there doesnt stop you from buying anything. It cannot be removed after dismissal. Its a public record on you credit file and will fall off in 7 years for chapter 13 and 10 years for 7. Good luck wish I had better news for you.

dmichaels5150

In all actuality, there is a possibility to have a bankruptcy removed off of a credit report. The federal law does not state that a bankruptcy MUST stay on your credit report for 7-10 years. The law ONLY states that it must be removed after the falloff date. It is possible to challenge the accuracy and verification of a bankruptcy. Sometimes, clerical errors are made. If you have a reason to believe that the "information" in your bankruptcy file is even slightly inaccurate, you have the right under law to challenge that item, the same as any other questionable item on your credit report. The credit bureaus and courts do have the authority to remove a questionable bankruptcy from a credit report.

zachary1234

dmichaels5150 I can assure you chapeter 7 is 10-yrs and chap13 is 7yrs on year credit file. You cannot beat the feds. In their eyes errors are not made. Who can afford a lawyer to fight the feds and what lawyer will fight them. I assure you it is federal law google it and learn.

mjrkx250

Your wrong! The terms you state are the maximum amount of time a bmnkruptcy can stay on your record. It is possible to get a bankruptcy removed, you just have to be diligent and you can do it by yourself with out having to pay a lawyer. 

Do not ever use a credit repair agency or a company that combines your debt. It's a waste of money and takes longer than just filing bankruptcy. Your credit will rebound much faster this way.

Funnychinadoll

Its true, it takes 10 years for Chapter 7, (thank God ) and 7 years for Chapter 13. It will not stop you from starting over, Capitalone is very good in giving you a  second chance in rebuilding your credit.  I know for sure, because I have filed for Chapter 7, no credit payments to worry about and you can sleep better at night knowing that no collection  agencies or credit company calling you and harassing you day and night. I hope this will give a peace of mind. Goodluck....

blueman2222

Bankruptcy can be removed from credit reports. They are put on your reports by a third party not federal government. Therefore when you dispute with a good repair company or lawyer. They have to remove because court will not provide them proof that the bankruptcy is you whereas they have no legal right to information.

bfkqbzwimv

What if it does NOT fall off? The last bankruptcy was 20 years ago. How do you get it off my record?

bankruptcies stay on your report for 10 years but after 3 years they dont have a much damage to your credit if you have been paying on time.

calcop

My ex-wife and I FILED a BK, but had it dismissed due to incompetent legal council that drug it out for so long, we requested the BK be dropped and dismissed...and the court granted our dismissal. All creditors were eventually paid off or settlements were made, but my credit report still shows, not one, but two BK's. So how do we get these bad marks off of our credit report?

fiolle

BK affects your credit for 7-10 years at a rate of about 100 points.

MysticRattler

Only problem with this is, It dosent add back to your Credit the thinks that were Re-Affirmed...ex.. House or Mortgage Pymts, Car Loans...etc.

Yes Bankruptcy can be removed from all reports as long as it has been discharged. It might take several disputes but it can be done. Many people have negative remarks even after the 7-10 years is over. Watch your report and dispute all errors. 

3Marianna

What can I dispute re: BK - so far 6 years have passed, we've done all the right things, never late pymt. etc. and I can't get our credit score to budge upward.

Answer to your question

I too, after filing for a bankruptcy and then dismissed it had problems with having it removed. It took me 2-3 years to get it done ,so I finally found a company Stewart Delainey Consultants, and it took some time, but they got it off. It was a process they did with the clerk of courts, but it happened. You just have to be patience with it  though. I went through Lexington Law, myself and nothing was done either, loss of money, but Stewart Delainey, filed some forms and got it done. Hope this helps

two bankrucpties

I had two bankrucpties, one in 1980 and one on 2001,when there is a credit check at car dealership they both come up,and the one in 1980 should not even show up at all, but it still does, and I tried lexington law, and wanted funds upfront to do anything, so I cancelled any relationship with them

JRIVER20

Daberg211's

Sadly yes Lexington Law do ask you to pay upfront for their services, but by my experience i can tell you they do work for you, They did help me removed many many items from my credit report that has false information, incorect information, such dates and creditors and so on. 

Sadly it is over 50$ but hey they did for for me and I only used them for a few months. depending your credit report you can used them from 3 to 6 months max and closed the account. 

Ebreezy78

You should pull your credit reports and file a dispute. For transunion and Equifax, you can use the free credit karma. These are done electronically so results post quicker. As for experiam, you have to pay a fee to get it. At the time I had done disputes, it was cheaper to sign up and become a monthly member. I did dispute right away and canceled membership immediately after to save on cost. Good luck

There are other helpful options

There are options out there for everyone, however you have to pick and choose which one works for you. I chose Step1 Credit, they are always available through their customer service dept to answer all of my questions. My credit score went from being in the 400's to currently being in the high 500's. I have been with them for almost year. Nothing will happen over night, however you will need patience when dealing with your credit file. They have not been able to do anything with my bankruptcies, but thats okay. Because that is not the only factor that is hurting my report. Google STEP1Credit..... Hope it helps someone.....

I have a BK that was discharged Sept 09 and it still shows on credit report. The only thing not completly paid in my Chapter 11 was one property" It was originally with Countrywide Mortgage, then as I was filing it changed over to Bank of America. Then before it finished it was Bank of NY/Melon/Chase. My bankruptcy shows and the Bank of America debt still shows on my cedit report.  How do I get these removed when there were so many involved. Countrywide is no problem, but Bank of America was shown on record most recent as the taxpayers on the property. Bank of NY is not showing up at all. I can send my discharge documents in to credit bureaus and there is also the foreclosure closure of the property documents that I can send in, but they are from Bank of NY. so if I send these in to credit bureaus, how wil they know who to contact??Would it be Bank of America???  It was dischared in my BK 11, but bank still insisted on doing a foreclosure which took  them till Feb 2012 to finish which by then it showed Bank of NY/Melon. It shows me 44 payments late on primary loan and 8 payments late on my equity loan on the property thru Bank of America.  so should I take a shot at sending this to Bank of America. And if so, how do I find an appropriate address?

im not sure if its tru but my husband is using lexington law and they say they can do it 

BBB57

I waste it my money ! They did nothing for me . 

blltjltrl

I too was going to use lexinton law to help repair my credit.Bad mistake!They really cant do anything i cant do myself but they charge fees!They charged my debit card over $30 and thats after just an hour or so of cancelling their services!They gave me several #'s 2contact 2 retreive the money.Most never answered and never returned my calls after leaving a message!The money you give them is only refundable 4 4days after talking 2them...they never picked up or returned any calls for that entire 4days!My advice is to just make sure that the services Lexinton Law claims to offer cant be done by you alone.

joeuno

I am using Lexington Law .  It has been about 45 days now and they have already  had removed 7 of eighteen negatives from my credit report.  Mine was finalized in 2011.  One of the foreclosures is completely gone from all three bureaus.  also one of thr BK filings was removed from Transunion. So far I am extremely please with there results cause my scores have improved by 30 -45 points in the last 45 days.

Hurt100points

After paying them (Lexington Law) hundreds of dollars they did nothing for me except flood my e-mail inbox with useless e-mails. Then when I went to cancel their service they were going to charge me for an extra month. Needless to say I was very disapointed in them. They did tell me that they would get my wrongly applied Tax Lien which was discharged/satisfied off my credit report but never did.

I filed bankruptcy and withdrew it

I had been advised by a friend to file for bankruptcy while doing a re mod on my home, I did not go through with the bankrupcy and withdrew them , i actually did it twice, but they are on my credit report as negative remarks, how can I get them removed from my credit report? anyone have advice for me?